From Assault to Humiliation: The Horrific Tale of an Indian Army Major's Fiancee at the Hands of Police

Ankita Pardhan bursts into tears while talking to media

In a shocking turn of events, the fiancée of an Indian Army Major has endured a harrowing ordeal at the hands of police in Odisha.


What began as an attempt to seek justice quickly spiraled into a nightmare, revealing a disturbing reality of custodial abuse and systemic failure.


The horrifying incident unfolded in Bhubaneswar on the night of September 14, when an army officer and his fiancée, Ankita pardhan, a lawyer who also runs a restaurant, were returning home and were waylaid by a group of miscreants. 


Seeking justice, they went to Bharatpur Police Station to file a complaint. What followed was nothing short of a nightmare. They were arrested for assaulting police and then the woman are severely beaten and sexually abused. 


According to Hindustan Times report, Ankita spoke about the incident on Thursday shortly after being discharged from AIIMS Bhubaneswar where she was being treated for several injuries including dislocation of her jaws.


The woman said after she closed her restaurant at about midnight on 15 September, she and her fiancé were waylaid by a group of people who started fighting with them.


She said, somehow, they managed to escape from there and went to Bharatpur Police Station to file a case.  But There was nobody except a woman police constable who was sitting at the reception. 


They requested her to register the complaint. However, instead of registering the complaint, she misbehaved with them. 


In her words, “I don't know what happened, they put him in the lockup. When I raised the voice that they cannot put an Army officer in custody as it is unlawful, two female officers started physically assaulting me".


When she identified herself as a lawyer, the woman constable got angry and misbehaved with her, she alleged. 


"In the meantime, a police patrolling vehicle with several cops, including female cop, reached the police station. Then two female officers started pulling my hair and began thrashing me. When I pleaded with them to stop, they dragged me through the corridor of the police station. While one of them was throttling me, I bit her hand. They removed my jacket and tied both my hands with it and they used a scarf to tie both my legs and threw me into a room," she said.


"Later, a male officer came and continuously kicked on my chest after removing my bra. Then the inspector of the police station came, unzipped his trousers, flashed his genitals and taunted me if I wanted to have a physical relationship with him. He also molested me," the victim said.

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.